February 21-22, 2020
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
222 N Wingate St, Wake Forest, NC 27587
Science and faith have a long, complex and storied relationship. We’re convinced that better understanding the past can help us better navigate the future.
To that end, we cordially invite you to Science and the Christian Faith: Moments That Shaped History at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary on February 21-22.
At this one-of-a-kind conference, you’ll discover the stories behind key historical events that shaped our understanding of faith and science — from Aquinas and Galileo to the Scopes Trial. You’ll learn directly from leading scientists, theologians and historians such as Drs. Peter Harrison (University of Queensland), Michael Murray (Arthur Vining Davis Foundation), Ted Cabal (Southern Seminary), Ted Davis (Messiah College) and Nathan Finn (North Greenville University).
The Science and the Christian Faith conference will surely make for a lively, engaging weekend — and we want you to be a part of it.
Get details about parking, registration, locations, dinner, and more:
Friday, February 21
Starting at 3pm
- “Galileo Moments” (Dr. Michael Murray)
- “The Galileo Affair: What We Have Learned…or Not” (Dr. Ted Cabal)
- Banquet Dinner
- Keynote Address: “The Christian Origins of Modern Science” (Dr. Peter Harrison)
Saturday, February 22
Starting at 9am
- “1925 and All That: Fundamentalists, Modernists, and the Scopes Trial” (Dr. Ted Davis)
- “Southern Baptists and Darwinism: The Evolution of a Perennial Controversy” (Dr. Nathan Finn)
- Panel Discussion (Hosted by Dr. Ken Keathley)
If you need to make hotel accomodations, we have secured block rates at the following locations near Southeastern Seminary.
The L. Russ Bush Center for Faith and Culture and the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the Dialogue on Science, Ethics and Religion.