With the Oxford Study Tour, you can learn about the rich history of scholars and experience a one-of-a-kind trip abroad! History will come alive as you see key places and locations in church history.
Here’s just a taste of what previous attendees have experienced:
- Sing “Amazing Grace” in John Newton’s church.
- Sit in the church in which Charles Spurgeon was converted.
- See scenes from Pilgrim’s Progress carved into John Bunyan’s grave marker.
- Stroll the same streets C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkein would walk and discuss faith.
- Experience William Carey’s shoe shop.
- Witness the site of martyrdoms.
- Meet modern-day church planters and learn about evangelistic efforts in the area.
- Get to know your professors as you travel and learn together.
“I went on the Oxford Study Tour this year expecting to learn a lot, see historic places and meet fellow seminarians. I didn’t know God would give me so much more.” (Read More.)
— Rebecca Hankins
“I gained a new appreciation for the generations who lived and suffered in ways I may never have to. This both humbled me and made me thankful again for God’s providence and for this faithful cloud of witnesses and their legacy.” (Read More.)
— Christa Bohannon
“I saw church history come alive, I had the opportunity to get to know my professors outside the classroom, and I was encouraged to consider the mission field of Europe.” (Read More.)
— Anna Daub
At a Glance
- Dates: July 7 – 22, 2020
- Cost: $4200 (includes travel, accomodations, meals and tuition)
- Courses Offered: Church History 2, Theology 2, Baptist History
- Registration Deadline: March 15, 2020
The next Oxford Study Tour will occur in Summer 2020. Sign up below to be notified when we have more details — and you’ll receive Intersect content and 3 complimentary e-books.