What is the common good? Why is the common good so central to the mission of the church? And what are some practical ways we can pursue the common good, both as individuals and churches.
Get answers to these important questions and more at the 2017 Common Good Conference (cg2017). Join Intersect and Made to Flourish on Friday, Oct. 13, 2017 at the Cotton Room in Durham, NC, as Andy Crouch, Tom Nelson, Amy Sherman, Scott Hildreth and others equip you to discover how your church can contribute to the common good.
What is the Common Good Conference?
Cg2017 is a unique conference experience hosted in 20 different locations across the country — including the Research Triangle. Featuring a combination of simulcast presentations from nationally-known authors and speakers in addition to live presentations from local practitioners in your area, cg2017 will empower the local church as a primary agent of cultural renewal for the common good.
- Connect with local believers and churches committed to the good of your city.
- Hear from national speakers like Andy Crouch, Amy Sherman, and Tom Nelson.
- Interact with local leaders from your city who will share practical implications from their experience.
- 11:00 Welcome
- 11:10 Session 1: Flourishing Leaders in the Church, Tom Nelson
- 12:00 LUNCH
- 12:45 Session 2: Flourishing Workers in the Workplace, Amy Sherman and the Surge Team
- 1:20 Local Talk: Flourishing Workers, Jason Williamson (Vice President – Startup Ecosystem at Oracle and former Global Leader – Management Consulting and Advisory with Amazon Web Services)
- 2:15 Session 3: Flourishing Culture in the City, Andy Crouch
- 2:55 Local Talk: Flourishing Culture, Dr. Scott Hildreth (Assistant Professor of Global Studies at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and Director of the Center for Great Commission Studies)
- 3:40 Session 4: Flourishing Neighborhoods in the Economy, Christopher Brooks and Svetlana Papazov
- 4:15 Local Talk: Flourishing Economy, Dan Williams (Director of Spiritual Integration, HOPE International)
- 5:00 Conference Ends